Here at Fitplan, we spend a lot of time listening to podcasts when we’re in motion using our iPhones and Androids. Being able to tap into the knowledge and expertise of all kinds of experts in health, fitness, nutrition, and high performance science while on-the-go has made podcasting absolutely blow up in the last couple years.
Apple gave podcasting an early boost by including them in iTunes way back in 2005. Since then iTunes has cemented its position as the world’s largest marketplace for music. This has also meant that iTunes has become the dominant platform for health, nutrition and fitness podcasters.
If you’re looking for some of the best podcasts out there to improve your health and fitness then here are the top health and fitness podcasts on iTunes (based on a combination of reviews, ratings and relevance):
1️⃣ The Tim Ferriss Show
★★★★½ – 1837 Ratings
Lifestyle design pioneer Tim Ferriss, the author of the best-selling book The Four Hour Body has the largest audience for health and fitness podcasts on iTunes. Newsweek calls him “the world’s best human guinea pig”. He’s awesome.
1. Tim Ferriss Interviews Arnold Schwarzenegger on Psychological Warfare (And Much More)
2. Pavel Tsatsouline on the Science of Strength and the Art of Physical Performance
3. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of CrossFit
2️⃣ Ben Greenfield Fitness
★★★★★ – 1026 Ratings
Ironman triathlete Ben Greenfield has one of the largest fitness blogs and podcasts online. He covers the latest health, fitness and multi-sport research in his interviews with all kinds of high performance fitness and health professionals.
1. Everything You Need To Know About Choosing Healthy Meat, Grass Fed vs. Grain Fed, DIY Meat Curing
2. Why The Future Of Health Is Better Than You Think
3. Everything You’ve Always Wanted To Know About Ketosis But Were Afraid To Ask
3️⃣ The Fat-Burning Man Show
★★★★★ – 1026 Ratings
Abel James of Fat Burning Man answer people’s questions and interviews leading experts in the paleo, primal, evolutionary, and ancestral fields to share their secrets about losing fat and building muscle fast.
1. Dr David Perlmutter: Grain Brain, Eating Fat Makes You Smart, and Why (Brain) Size Matters
2. Kevin Johnson: Floating – Reboot Your Brain, Increase Creativity, and Explore Consciousness
3. Dr. Alan Christianson: The Adrenal-Reset Diet
4️⃣ Bulletproof Radio
★★★★½ – 1004 Ratings
Bulletproof executive and biohacking pioneer Dave Asprey interview world-class MDs, biochemists, Olympic nutritionists, and meditation experts. He also shares his personal self-experiments using technology and hacking techniques to upgrade his mind, body and life.
1. David Epstein: The Sports Gene & the Science of Extraordinary Performance
2. Steven Kotler: Extreme Flow States for Humans & Dogs
3. Jeffrey Smith: GMOs & Their Impact on Health
5️⃣ The Rick Roll Podcast
★★★★★ – 966 Ratings
Ultra-athlete and best-selling author Rich Roll interviews some of the brightest minds in health, fitness, nutrition, creativity, entrepreneurship and spirituality. His mission is to inspire, educate and empower you to unlock your full potential as a human being.
1. Beyond The Kale: Why Personal Growth Begins With Self-Acceptance
2. On Why “Pain Don’t Hurt” And What It Takes To Overcome Extraordinary Obstacles
3. From Soccer Star To Sports Agent – How To Pursue Your Dream Job
6️⃣ The Paleo Solution Podcast
★★★★½ – 876 Ratings
Paleo nutrition expert Robb Wolf hosts a weekly podcast where he answers common question about the Paleo diet, optimal nutrition, intermittent fasting, fitness training and longevity science.
7️⃣ The FitCast
★★★★½ – 528 Ratings
The FitCast is a weekly fitness and nutrition oriented show hosted by Kevin Larrabee. Kevin interviews leading experts in the fitness, nutrition and health fields.
8️⃣ Underground Wellness Radio
★★★★½ – 407 Ratings
Underground Wellness Radio’s host Sean Croxton delivers weekly interviews with leading experts in health, personal development and entrepreneurship.
9️⃣ Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness Podcast
★★★★½ – 279 Ratings
Sarah Fragoso of Everyday Paleo and Jason Seib, author of The Paleo Coach chat about everything Paleo, nutrition and fitness in their popular weekly podcast.
? The Entrepreneur Fitness Podcast
★★★★★ – 70 Ratings
The Entrepreneur Fitness Podcast was designed with one goal in mind: to help you get in your most resourceful state of mind and perform your best. Each week host Brandon Epstein interviews healthy entrepreneurs, neuroscientists, psychologists, nutritionists and other experts in peak performance.
These podcasts are the top 10 health and fitness podcasts on iTunes. Here are some more great health and fitness podcasts that are popular among our team members:
1. FittTalk with Marc Fitt
2. The Jennifer Nicole Lee Show
Also, make sure to follow the Fitplan Podcast for insights into achieving your peak performance by learning from fitness and nutrition experts.
Which podcast is your favorite? Tell us in the comments section below.
Fitplan helps you achieve your fitness goals by sharing the exact training methods of the world’s top athletes!
Best of all? It’s free to get started!
[mks_button size=”medium” title=”Sign Up For Fitplan” style=”squared” url=”https://www.fitplanapp.com/subscribe” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#22272E ” txt_color=”#FFFFFF ” icon=”” icon_type=””]