You spend close to a third of your life sleeping so it’s a good idea to study the science of sleep so you can sleep deeper, recover faster and wake up each morning feeling more energized.
If you’re like most people, you are sleeping less today than you did 20 years ago. Since the mass adoption of the Internet, some studies suggest that the average adult is sleeping 20% less each night. However, our biological need for sleep hasn’t changed, so many busy people are having their performance hindered by their lack of quality sleep.
The problem is that in our always-on society, it can be hard to have the time to get enough sleep. Fortunately, you can learn to improve the quality of your sleep by following the scientific research and the guidelines laid out in these excellent sleep infographics.
1. Understand the basics of sleep.
2. Technology has a huge impact on sleep.
3. Organize your day for optimal energy and quality sleep at night.
4. Take supplements to increase your energy and improve your sleep.
5. Be aware of the long-term effects of chronic sleep deprivation.
6. If you’re really brave you can experiment with alternative sleep cycles.
7. Make sure you’re not making these common sleep mistakes.
8. Train yourself to fall asleep faster.
9. Become a more effective napper.
Follow the guidelines in these sleep infographics and start using some of these insights to improve the quality of your sleep tonight.