Savory bison patties get a fiery kick from chopped jalapeño in this delicious burger recipe topped with creamy avocado and a thick slice of grilled onion.
Spicy Bison Burger
- 170g / 6oz lean ground bison meat
- 1½ tsp jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- ½ onion (sliced thick)
- ½ avocado (sliced)
- 30g / 1.1 oz kale
1. In a small bowl, mix bison, jalapeño, salt, and pepper. Shape into a patty. Set aside.
2. Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
3. Spray onion slice with cooking oil spray; place on grill. Cook 1 to minutes, or until grill marks form. Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside.
3. Place bison patty on the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until done to your liking. Set aside.
4. Arrange kale on a plate. Top with bison patty, onion, and avocado.
Note: Use kale leaves as you would a bun, wrapped around bison patty, onion, and avocado, if preferred.
Nutrition (1 serving)
- Calories 461
- Protein 26g
- Carbs 17g
- Fat 34g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 3g