Wild-caught salmon is so tasty already, but brushing it with pesto gives it even more flavor and helps keep the fish tender and flakey. In this simple meal prep combo it is paired with broccoli and juicy cherry tomatoes.
Salmon Dinner Combo
- Cooking oil spray (olive/avocado/coconut)
- 150g / 5oz wild salmon fillets
- 8 asparagus (ends trimmed)
- ¼ tsp sea salt (divided use)
- ¼ tsp black pepper (divided use)
- 140g / 4.9 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- ¼ lemon
To prepare asparagus:
1. 1. Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C / Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet; coat with cooking oil spray and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
To prepare salmon:
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat; Coat with cooking oil spray.
2. Arrange salmon in the pan, skin side down; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet) or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove from pan; set aside to cool.
3. Wen cool, top the salmon with pesto.
Nutrition (1 serving)
- Calories 451
- Protein 42g
- Carbs 21g
- Fat 23g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 10g