Bring the taste of Italy to your home with this easy-to-make vegetarian recipe. Michelle’s Eggplant Lasagna is a healthy, fast vegetarian meal, you can make any day of the week. This recipe is full of vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin B6, all provided by the eggplant.
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup almond cheese (vegan cheese)
- 1 eggplant (aubergine)
- 2½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C / Gas 4.
- Slice the ends of the eggplant into ¼ inch (6mm) slices and lay them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Salt both sides of the eggplant and set aside to soften for 20 minutes, then dry them with a paper towel.
- Bake the eggplant for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- While the eggplant is cooking, combine ricotta cheese, almond cheese, basil and egg in a medium-sized bowl.
- Remove eggplant from the oven and set oven to 400°F / 200°C / Gas 6.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto eggplant slices then roll them up.
- In a 11×17- inch (28×43 cm) baking sheet, pour ½ cup marinara sauce, then add all the eggplant rolls, seam down. Pour over the remaining marinara sauce, and top with basil and parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Nutrition (1 serving)
- Calories 351
- Protein 20g
- Carbs 29g
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 12g