Egg cups are an ideal grab-and-go breakfast. They require minimal prep time yet make a satisfying breakfast to have throughout the whole week. Store them in the fridge and simply reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.
- Cooking spray (olive, avocado, coconut)
- 12 eggs
- 120ml / 4.2 fl oz almond milk (unsweetened)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 30g / 1.1 oz spinach leaves
- 75g / 2.6 oz onions
- 160g / 5.6 oz red bell peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C / Gas 4.
2. Prepare muffin cups by coating with non-stick cooking spray (olive or coconut oil). Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk and eggs in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide spinach, onion, and bell peppers between prepared muffin cups.
5. Using a ladle or small measuring cup to pour, evenly divide egg mixture between the muffin cups.
6. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. To check doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of egg cups, if the eggs are set the toothpick should come out clean.
Nutrition (1 serving)
- Calories 231
- Protein 19g
- Carbs 4g
- Fat 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g